Make the most of fresh spring harvest with this light, healthy Spring Warm Potato Salad. This 30 minute Vegan and Gluten Free recipe is incredibly delicious and beautiful to look at!
With spring comes a wide variety of greens that you can use in a variety of delicious salads. This particular warm potato salad is crisp, tender, incredibly fresh and light. I’ve used a mix of pea tips, mizuna, tatsoi, dandelion greens and cress. However, you can use whatever greens you can find at this time in the stores near you.
Which Are The Best Potatoes For Potato Salad?
Knowing which potatoes to choose for your warm potato salad is important. Here I’ve used new potatoes but some other varieties which work really well are fingerling potatoes, red potatoes, Yukon Gold and white potatoes. Choose baby potatoes if you can for potato salad.
This is much more than a simple warm potato salad. The texture and flavor will change with the type of greens you select. When you add fluffy new potatoes and a delicious shallot vinaigrette to the mix, the effect is spectacular! You don’t really have to find the exact spring salad greens I mentioned here. The idea here is to use what’s in season and what’s available in the local markets where you are and then using them in this recipe to create your own version of this delicious salad.
This is much more than a simple potato salad. The flavour of this spring greens and new potato salad is so elegant and refined that it would be a huge hit even with the fanciest of your guests! You don’t really have to find the exact spring salad greens I mentioned here. The idea here is to use what’s in season and what’s available in the local markets where you are and then using them in this recipe to create your own version of this delicious salad.
All those lovely greens are packed with antioxidants and a wide variety of nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate, magnesium, potassium and so much more! It is Vegan and gluten free and is on the table in under 30 minutes! Enjoy it as a side salad or as a main, it’s super delicious. If you’re looking for more salad ideas, check out this super easy Arugula Salad that would be perfect for spring!
If you try this Spring Warm Potato recipe, don’t forget to use #tlceats and tag me on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creation!
Spring Warm Potato Salad
- 1 lb new baby potatoes
- 3-4 cups loosely packed spring salad greens pea tips, mizuna, tatsoi or any other you can find
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- A handful of parsley roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and scrub your potatoes and then add to the pot. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender and cooked. Drain and potatoes. Slice in half once the potatoes are cool enough to handle. Cover and keep warm.
- Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to a small jar. Close the lid tightly and shake till well combined. Add the chopped shallots and parsley to the vinaigrette and shake again.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the potatoes and the greens to a large salad bowl. Pour as much of the shallot vinaigrette over it as you prefer and toss together. Serve immediately.