This incredible couscous salad is light and refreshing with sweet mangoes, cucumbers, summer vegetables and a spicy tahini dressing. A delicious blend of flavors for summers!
If you can’t already tell by now, I’m a huge fan of mangoes! Since they’ve started making an appearance in the markets I’ve already bought huge quantities of them at least thrice. I love their refreshing, sweet taste and their creamy texture. If you haven’t already, you NEED to check out the recipe for this Coconut Mango Oatmeal I posted a while back. It tastes like vacation on a sunny tropical island. Another personal favorite recipe is this Mango Lassi and I think I’ve talked about so many times here already!
Other than mangoes, there’s something else I’m really excited about right now. My mom’s coming to visit next week and I can hardly wait! She’s planning to stay with us for two months and we already have so many fun things planned. We’ll probably travel around a bit, enjoy the beautiful summer here on the beaches, shop and generally have a good time.
One of the reasons I’m so excited about her visit is because I’ll get to enjoy some of my favorite comfort meals that she makes so incredibly well. I already have a list of things I want her to cook for me but I’m not telling her until she gets here! She has an entire list of things she wants me to cook for her as well so I’m sure we will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen while she’s here.
But for now, let’s get back to this stunning Mango Couscous Salad with Tahini Dressing. It might look like I’m tooting my own here but I’ll risk it to say that this couscous salad recipe is incredible! Imagine this for a moment, fluffy Moroccan couscous with sweet mangoes, crisp cucumbers and tomatoes, creamy avocado, refreshing mint. I’ll give you a moment to let that sink in.
If that wasn’t enough already there’s the crunch from pistachios and this garlicky, spicy, sweet tahini salad dressing that takes only a couple of minutes to make. You guys, this tahini dressing recipe is a keeper because it is so easy and versatile that it makes an excellent spread for toasts if you keep it slightly thicker. It is also great as a dressing for Buddha Bowls and as a dip for veggies.
This is a Vegan couscous vegetable salad and if you used whole wheat couscous like I did, it is wholesome and a delicious clean meal. It’s loaded with plenty of vegetables and mangoes that are in season so it gives you a good balance of nutrients. Plus, it is light and refreshing so you can have it either as a side salad or even as a light lunch or dinner like I did.
This is a cold couscous salad so you can actually make it in advance and let it chill in the refrigerator till you’re ready to serve. I store the couscous, the veggies and the dressing separately in the refrigerator and put it all together just before serving. There’s no cooking involved so it is a great option for those hot summer days. Also, this easy couscous salad would be an excellent option for summer picnics.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to use #tlceats and tag me on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creation!
Vegan Couscous Salad With Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ripe mango cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado cubed
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of chopped mint and coriander
- Juice of half a lime
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the couscous, cumin powder, salt and pepper. Add the boiling water to the bowl. Cover with cling film and cover for 5-7 minutes till all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and refrigerate until serving.
- For the mango salad, all the ingredients listed under "Mango Salad" in a large bowl and mix together well. Cover and refrigerate till you're ready to use.
- To make the tahini sauce, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend together till smooth. Add more water 1 tbsp at a time if you want a thinner dressing consistency. Refrigerate.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the couscous on a serving platter. Top with the mango salad and drizzle the tahini dressing.