This Asparagus and Leek Pasta Recipe is a fresh, light, easy pasta dish that makes the most of fresh spring produce. Ready in just 30 minutes!
Spring calls for light, fresh food that focuses on the season’s best produce. This asparagus and leek pasta recipes brings together the best this season has to offer. Requiring only 10 ingredients, it takes only 30 minutes to be ready. It doesn’t have overpowering flavors so you can really taste the veggies you put in it.
This spring pasta recipe also has leeks, green peas and basil. The sauce is a simple cream sauce that just provides a bit of creaminess without making the pasta too heavy.
How To Shave Asparagus
While chopped asparagus would be just as good in this easy pasta recipe, I opted for the shaved asparagus for this particular leek pasta recipe. The delicate green ribbons of asparagus look so pretty and elegant that it makes it worth the extra five minutes of work.
The easiest way to shave asparagus is with a vegetable peeler. Choose medium to large sized asparagus stalks and trim off the woody ends. Then, holding one end of the asparagus, peel off long ribbons away from your hands.
Leeks are one of my favorite vegetables but they’re often underappreciated. If you’re looking for vegetarian recipes with leek there are plenty of good ones online like this Leek Risotto. Another favorite is this Potato and Leek Soup. Also, if you’re looking for other ways to use up your asparagus, try this delicious Sauteed Asparagus recipe with chili and garlic. It’s one of our favorites!
If you try this asparagus and leek pasta recipe, don’t forget to use #tlceats and tag me on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creation!
Asparagus and Leek Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb pasta rotini or fusilli
- 5-6 asparagus stalks
- 2 large leeks
- 1/2 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, shave the asparagus into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Chop the white and light green parts of the leeks and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chopped leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the cream and the green peas and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the cream has slightly thickened.
- Add the pasta, Parmesan and shaved asparagus to the cream sauce and cook for two minutes. Lastly, add the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.