These crispy Indian spiced chickpeas are addictive and so easy to make. This is a wholesome, delicious healthy snack recipe you’ll love!
These spicy roasted chickpeas pack a punch when it comes to flavor. They’re a little spicy, crunchy, deliciously addictive and ridiculously easy to make! Plus, they can be used in so many ways. Other than snacking on you can put these in salads, over soups and stews and so much more. If you’re looking for an effortless healthy snack, these are perfect!
Tips and Tricks
One of the biggest pitfalls when making crispy chickpeas is that often they turn out to be soggy. There are several tips and tricks to avoid that. My first tip is to properly dry your chickpeas before you put them in the oven. The best way to do that is by properly draining and rinsing them. Once rinsed, put the chickpeas in an absorbent kitchen towel. Cover and gently rub them dry. Once they seem dry enough, leave them uncovered for a few minutes to air dry.
When you’re ready to put them in the oven simply toss them with a little and oil to coat them. Place in the oven for about 45 minutes. Another important tip is to leave them open until they are completely cool. If you cover the chickpeas when they’re still warm they can turn limp. It’s also best to make roasted chickpeas in small batches to ensure you end up using them within 2-3 days so they don’t turn soggy. Once you get the technique right, these spicy chickpeas are incredibly easy to make.
You’ll also love these easy snack recipes:
If you make these crispy Indian spiced chickpeas, use #thelastcookierecipes and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations. Don’t forget to leave a comment here to share your feedback about the recipe!
Crispy Indian Spiced Chickpeas
- 1 can 15 oz cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Cover them with an absorbent kitchen towel and rub gently to dry them. Leave them uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to completely dry them.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, salt and the chickpeas. Mix them well to ensure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread out the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes until they're golden and crunchy. Stir the chickpeas with a spoon after they've been in the oven for 10 minutes to avoid burning. Allow to cool completely and taste to make sure they're crunchy. If they're not, return them to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and toss them with the remaining spices to evenly coat the chickpeas while they're still warm.