Grilled Peach Bruschetta with mozzarella, basil and balsamic honey reduction. Perfect balance of sweet and savory for light summer snacking.
Juicy, sweet peaches are the highlight of the summer. While they’re perfect on their own, you need to try grilled peaches once at least. They’re sweet, smoky and grilling them intensifies their flavors. They’re great for desserts when topped with a scoop of ice cream.
I decided to go the savory route this time and opted for bruschetta for a light, healthy summer appetizer. Freshly grilled baguette, gorgeous grilled peaches, greens, creamy mozzarella and then drizzled with balsamic honey reduction. I was in heaven! I love these even more because of how easy and quick they are to put together. Perfect for summer picnics, barbecue parties and those times when you have to feed unexpected guests.
There are three basic steps to making this bruschetta. The first step is to toast the baguette slices in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until they’re golden. While they’re in the oven it’s time to grill the peaches.
The peach slices are tossed with some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Next, they need to be grilled. You can either use your grill pan or your barbecue to do this. When they’re grilled they’ll have those beautiful grill marks on them and will be slightly soft and smoky in flavor.
Next, you’ll need to make the balsamic honey reduction. All you need to do to make the reduction is to simmer the balsamic vinegar on the stove for a few minutes until it turns thick and syrupy. Add the honey and cook for 5 more minutes. All you need to do then is to assemble the bruschetta.
You’ll also love these great sides and appetizer recipes:
If you try this grilled peach bruschetta recipe, use #thelastcookierecipes and tag me on Instagram! Also, don’t forget to leave a comment and a rating here to share your feedback.
Grilled Peach Bruschetta
- 3 Peaches sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Balsamic Honey Reduction
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small baguette sliced
- 4 oz mozzarella sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 basil leaves thinly sliced
- For the balsamic honey reduction, heat the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes until reduced to half and then add the honey.
- Stir to combine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the sliced baguette with 2 tbsp olive oil on both sides and place in the oven for 5-6 minutes until golden and toasty. Remove from the oven and top with mozzarella slices. Place back in the oven for one more minute until the cheese has melted.
- Fire up your outdoor grill (or your grill pan indoors) to grill the peaches. In a bowl, mix together the sliced peaches, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the peaches for about 3-4 minutes on each side until you see grill marks and the peaches have softened slightly.
- To assemble, top the grilled baguette slices with the warm peaches. Next, drizzle the balsamic honey reduction and top with sliced basil.