Grilled Peach Crostini with mozzarella, basil and balsamic honey reduction. Perfect balance of sweet and savory for light summer snacking.
I’m still reluctant to let go of summer and those beautiful berries. But on the plus side there’s still plenty of peaches around! I’ve always loved those beautiful, plush peaches because of how easily they work with sweet as well savory flavors. I wanted to make use of them as much as I can while they are available.
I have another reason to not be sad over the end of summer. In a few days I’m leaving for India to spend time with my family and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ll get to see them after almost two years and I plan to stay there for about three months. I already have so much planned and I’m excited to share all the lovely food I learn to cook there with you all!
Back to the Grilled Peach Crostini. I hadn’t planned to do anything with the peaches except eat them as they are. They’re delicious on their own but you have to try grilling them once! Grilled peaches are summer personified. They’re sweet, smoky and grilling them intensifies their flavors. They’re great for desserts.
I decided to go the savory route this time and opted for grilled peach crostini for a light summer lunch. Freshly grilled baguette, gorgeous grilled peaches, greens, creamy mozzarella and then drizzled with balsamic honey reduction. I was in heaven! I love these even more because of how easy and quick they are to put together. Perfect for summer picnics, barbecue parties and those times when you have to feed unexpected guests.
I’ll be writing up my next post from India and meanwhile, enjoy these grilled peach crostini and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Grilled Peach Crostini
- 3 Peaches sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Balsamic Honey Reduction
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small baguette
- 150 grams mozzarella sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup salad leaves of your choice
- 8-10 basil leaves thinly sliced
- For the balsamic honey reduction, heat the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes until reduced to half and then add the honey.
- Stir to combine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Fire up your outdoor grill (or your grill pan indoors) to grill the peaches. In a bowl, mix together the sliced peaches, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the peaches for about 3-4 minutes on each side until you see grill marks and the peaches have softened slightly.
- Brush the sliced baguette with the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil on both sides and grill for about two minutes until golden and toasty.
- To assemble, place the salad leaves over the grilled bread. Top with mozzarella and place the warm peach on top (the mozzarella will melt a little from the heat of the peaches). Next, drizzle the balsamic honey reduction and top with sliced basil.