This Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake is gluten free, indulgent and packs an intense chocolate flavor. This easy to make cake will hit your sweet spot perfectly!
If you’re looking for a homemade chocolate cake recipe that is easy to make, gluten free and not too cloyingly sweet, you’ve come to the right place. This cake packs a punch with its intense dark chocolate flavor. It is insanely fudgy, deliciously dark and quite uncomplicated to make even if you’ve never made a cake before.
How To Make Chocolate Fudge Cake From Scratch
Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you start making the cake. Preheat the oven and line the springform tin with parchment paper before you begin. The first step is to place the butter and the chopped dark chocolate in a pan and melt it over medium high heat. Allow it to cool. Next, place the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl and beat it using an electric hand mixer until the mixture is almost double in volume.
Add all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix with a spoon. Once the chocolate and butter mixture is cool, pour it into the whipped egg mixture.
Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold it all in. Pour it into the springform tin and place it in the oven for about 35 minutes until it is just set. Allow to cool completely before releasing the cake from the tin.
How To Store The Cake
While this ultimate chocolate fudge cake is quite fudgy and moist, it will start losing moisture once cut like any other cake. I recommend storing it in an airtight container to avoid drying it out. It can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Tried this Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe? Tag me in your Instagram posts and use #tlceats!
Looking for more cake recipes? Try these
Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 9 oz dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cacao powder plus 1 tbsp for dusting
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 22 inch springform cake tin with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate and butter in a pan and melt it over medium high heat. Allow to cool.
- Place the almond meal, salt espresso powder and cocoa powder in a bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Place the brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Beat the eggs with an electric hand mixer until doubled in volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs. Fold gently.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and fold gently until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until it is just set.
- Allow to cool completely before releasing the cake from the cake tin. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.