This refreshing Greek watermelon salad features juicy watermelon, crunchy cucumbers, red onions, feta and olives. Easy to whip up and super delicious!
If you’re looking for fresh summer flavors with ease of execution, this is it! During the hottest days of the year I feel unmotivated to turn on the stove or the oven. Salads come to the rescue at those times. It comes together in minutes and is perfect for parties or as a light lunch when you don’t want to be bothered with making a full meal.
Perfect Summer Salad
This watermelon and feta salad is perfect for this time of the year for two reasons. First, it doesn’t require you to use the oven or the stove. Second, it contains refreshing and hydrating ingredients like watermelon and cucumber. Both of these help you cool down when the temperatures are soaring. I especially love to make this salad for barbecue parties because guests always fall in love with the incredible flavors!
To make the watermelon salad with red onion and feta, start by prepping all the ingredients. Cube the watermelon, finely slice the red onions and chop the cucumber into half moons. Slice the olives in half or leave them whole.
Next, you’ll want to make the vinaigrette. Simply add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a mason jar and shake a few times until everything is evenly mixed. Place all the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top, add the mint leaves and pour the vinaigrette. Mix everything together and your watermelon cucumber feta salad is ready!
Once you taste the sweet and salty, briny flavors of this refreshing salad you’ll be addicted. This is, without a doubt, one of the most frequently made summer salads in our home.
You’ll also love these incredible summer sides and salads:
If you try this Greek Watermelon Salad recipe, use #thelastcookierecipes and tag me on Instagram! Also, don’t forget to leave a comment and a rating here to share your feedback.
Greek Watermelon Salad
- 4 cups watermelon chilled and cubed
- 1 cucumber sliced into half moons
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping the watermelon, red onions and cucumbers and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the fresh mint leaves, kalamata olives and fresh mint leaves.
- In a mason jar, add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Close the lid and shake a few times until everything is mixed together well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix everything well. Serve immediately.